Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Roll2Walk: Day Two

This morning I woke up to a lot of pain in my shoulders and neck. I didn't, no I did, expect sore muscles but not this sore!! It's been four hours since I did my work out today and about an hour since I put Icy Hot on the sore muscles, yup, they still hurt! Knowing that I would be sore, and because I told them my shoulders were screaming this morning, the trainers weren't as hard on me today as they were yesterday. Well, that and because they wanted those muscles to take a rest so I don't end up pulling something.

First thing I did today was the combo of range of motion with muscle stimulation. Today was a little bit harder to concentrate on thinking about the muscles that do the motion of bringing my leg to my chest, straightening it and all the other motions. I don't know why, maybe because of the pain in my shoulders or because it was cold in the gym or because of my lack of sleep, could of been anything.

After I did that I went to the floor to do some rolling and triceps exercises. The rolling was intense and wasn't easy at all. Greg would bring my legs to one side and I would have to bring my upper body to that side. No easy feat my friends. I would get to a point and then pretty much hit a brick wall because the momentum that I had going into the roll just stopped. Part of the exercise was slapping the hand on the side I was laying on with the one that I wasn't laying on. I had trouble with that because I have next to no triceps and every time I did one side I would tire out my shoulder just a little bit more. I kept doing it though, which surprised me a little because I usually just give up if I can't do something, and giving up didn't even cross my mind once while I was doing the exercise, just resting did.

After those I did exercises where I sat up against a wall and worked on my posture and worked on rolling my shoulders back and then did snow angels against the wall and slightly bending side to side. Oh and I had to do the robot with my arms. I liked these exercises because they barely put any pain on my shoulders but also because I liked having my back straight up and down without the little hunch. It made me really conscious of my posture and how bad it is! I knew it was bad but I didn't really think I hunched that much. Yeah, I know dad, you tried to tell me, I was wrong, you can gloat when I get home ;).

One last thing before I finish because it's getting late and my ADD is getting worse... One exercise/task that I did was one where the trainers sat my on this table and put my feet on this vibrating board. At first I thought they were doing this just to mess with me but that wasn't the case. The purpose of it was to get that neuropathway talking again and to help increase circulation. Greg had warned me that the exercise would make feel like I needed to pee and told me to let them know if I needed to, I guess so they could carry me to the bathroom and drop my pants, I didn't ask, but said I already had it covered.

Tomorrow is supposed to be harder than it was today because Chad set up my workout (Greg did today's). So tomorrow I'll be in a world of hurt... wish me luck!

1 comment: